Sunday, January 3, 2010

Artist is inspired: and so am I

One of the most fantastic parts of being an artist today is that we show our work on a global stage.

Technology can be a powerful tool. I get emails from all over the world, and some of them make me smile and continue to supplementally fill my artistic fuel tank as I truck on forward.

This email is one of them:
"Hi, I am a student in the UK, studying Fine Art. I wanted to thank you for providing me with such inspiration. Having been set a project titled "Rituals", OCD seemed a natural topic for me to build my work around as sufferer of OCD myself. This is how I came across your work whilst conducting my research. I think your work holds great impact, especially for those like myself who can relate to the concept. My favorite is '3 faucets', I think this is because for me black and white have always presented clarification, clear boundaries and a certain level or organization, and the red for me is a strong representation of frustration. I have consequently started a series of work myself in these colors around the concept of OCD, and would like to thank you again for providing such inspiration and for grasping the frustrations surrounding OCD and turning them into such masterpieces."

0 comments: