Saturday, September 6, 2008

More Fine Art panels to paint on - Please!

My Fine Art substrates don't make themselves... they take time, a craftsmanship skill-set and a table saw - at least.



I prefer painting on wood panels, so NO new panels = NO new paintings. I'm excited to say I just got a new table saw. Now I can churn out some more panels; more paintings; series three (3).

The "major" cuts to the plywood (panels) will be done at the supplier (i.e. Home Depot or Lowes), because I don't currently paint on full 4'x8' plywood (too big, doesn't feel right) One cut is all it takes.

I get three substrates out of a single sheet of 4'x8' plywood, hence the typical size of my pieces is usually 32" x 48"

To read more about my fine art panel making process, check back, post coming soon.

0 comments: